1. The Christmas decorations are down and packed away for another year. It always amazes me, how much bigger and cleaner the room looks once they’re gone (oops!), then night time comes and the room looks so much duller and for the first night or two I miss them. I’ve moved a floor lamp into the corner where the tree stood though, so there’s still a nice light source there, which is good as I’ve taken to sitting there cross stitching.
2. I finished reading Carrie by Stephen King. I’m probably going to go into more detail about this in another post, so won’t do it here too. Also Stephen King related; I finished season 3 of Haven. Can’t quite work out why, but I love Haven, and the location it’s filmed at is beautiful. I would love to go there some day.
3. Wearing my new boots to walk around a shopping centre for hours probably wasn’t the smartest idea in the world. I was in agony by the end of the day, and my poor toes now have blisters. Urgh! And the boots were so comfortable the first time I wore them. Not good. Like I said, probably not the best idea to walk around in them for hours on only their second wearing.
4. Absolute Beginners by David Bowie. I do absolutely love this song –
5. I bought a q-snap frame for my cross stitching. WHY didn’t I do this sooner?! It’s so much easier, getting the fabric onto the frame. With hoops I find myself pulling and tugging to get the tension correct, which over time stretches the fabric, and the hoop leaves terrible marks behind as well. None of that is an issue with the frame; it’s easy to place it and get the tension right, and no marks when it comes off. Really wish I’d done this before!