1. I’ve started borrowing downloadable audio books from the library. I can listen to them whilst doing my cross stitching, which is really relaxing. The first one I borrowed was a bit of a letdown, because it just wasn’t a story that captured me at all, so I returned it and tried something else, which I’m now really enjoying, so I can see this becoming a regular thing.
2. I gave up watching Elementary. I watched the first few episodes, but it got quite samey, so when I found out there were 6 dvds in the series I decided to quit before I’d invested too much time and felt obliged to watch the whole lot. I started season 2 of Revenge instead; have only watched the first ep, but I think I’ll stick with it. Also saw a trailer for Once Upon A Time. I have no idea how I’ve never seen this series because it looks like something I would really be into, so I may get that next.
3. I’m still reading Wizard And Glass. It’s a great story. I love Cuthbert and Alain, and am so involved with their story that every so often it suddenly hits me that it mustn’t end well for them, as Roland is telling his new ka-tet the story of his past, and Cuthbert and Alain are no longer around. Not good.
4. I need some work doing on my car. I’ve shopped around for prices, and have gone from almost £700 to £260!! How can that even be?!?! It’s mad – the same car, the same work, and yet such a massive difference in price. I must admit, when that first price estimate came through my heart sank a little, so I was very pleased to get the lower estimate.
5. Despite the freezing cold and pouring rain I ventured down to the greenhouse to see how the plants in there are getting on. I have a potted hydrangea and was really pleased to see it’s got fresh green shoots already. Everything else looks healthy too. Urgh, I really hate not being able to mess around in the garden. I will be so glad when the winter weather is done with and the nights start drawing out again.