1. Why is it that the moment you decide to start a diet, you feel absolutely ravenous?!? ALL THE TIME! I decided this week I would try and cut down for a week or two. You know, you have that point at which you feel that you really shouldn’t put on any more weight because your clothes feel just that little bit too tight? I’m almost at that point, so want to make an effort for a couple of weeks. It’s so hard, with the temptation of so much chocolate still around from Christmas, but I will try.
2. I just finished reading The Wizard And Glass, book 4 of The Dark Tower by Stephen King. There’s definitely going to be a full, long entry about this book, but I’ll just say for now that I absolutely loved it. The Dark Tower is turning out to be a brilliant series.
3. It’s been like a building site outside the house all week. I think they’re doing work to replace some cables or other, so the road is being dug up and it’s all SO noisy. The workmen don’t arrive every day, and that’s the only time there’s any peace. It’s usually a really quiet area, so that makes the noise seem even worse. I’ll be glad when it’s done and they’re gone.
4. Just started watching American Horror Story Asylum. As with the first series during the first episode I sat there thinking “what the hell is this? What’s going on?” and wondered whether to carry on with it, but by the end I was drawn in yet again, even though it’s probably by far the weirdest thing I watch. Jessica Lange is very good as Sister Jude, and a couple of other actors from the first series are in this one too.
5. I watched a Youtube video on hair braiding and have learned how to do a new style of braid in my own hair. I think it would be easier to have someone else to practice on, but, failing that, I’m making do with trying it out on myself. I don’t often do anything at all in the way of hair styles, but I’ve seen people with their hair braided that way and thought it looked nice, but very difficult. As it turns out, once you know what you’re doing, it’s quite easy.