1. I learned the value of backing things up when in a horrible moment my computer, after downloading updates showed nothing but a blank screen for ages. As I anxiously sat watching it, willing it to come back to life, all I could think about was the 25+ pages of writing that I HADN’T BACKED UP!! Needless to say, the moment the computer came back on the very first thing I did was locate a memory stick and back up those files. It’s horrible, losing something when you’ve put a lot of time into it.
2. The weather is finally getting better, and I cannot wait to get started on the garden and greenhouse this year, because I’ll have a whole season at it this time. My greenhouse was only put up in June last year, so I’d missed a lot of growing time for my seeds. This time I’ll be moth ahead of that. Just need it get a little bit warmer before I start spending great amounts of time out there.
3. I’m back on the Dark Tower again. Book 5, Wolves Of The Calla, is really holding my attention. I read something else in between 4.5 and 5,l and it just didn’t hold up. I had to will myself to get on and pick the book up, which isn’t good. I wondered whether I was just having an ‘off’ spell, as can happen with any hobby, but as soon as I picked up this latest book my enthusiasm has come back with a vengeance.
4. My car’s at the garage again – it’s been there so often it will soon be able to auto-navigate there by itself! Luckily this time is just for a service, and it’s only just a year old, so there shouldn’t be anything much wrong (famous last words!)
5. Almost the weekend everyone – hang in there, just a few hours to go!!