1. I’ve started working on my cross stitch again. I’d done so much that I had to have a rest for a while because my hands and fingers were aching so much. I find it really relaxing, working on my stitching. Sometimes I’ll listen to some music (most often David Bowie these days) while I work. I’ve also joined the library and started borrowing audiobooks from them, so I’ve listened to a couple of those whilst working too, which is really good.
2. I used to think thunder and lightning was the worst weather, i was always scared of the lightning, but after the hammering of wind and rain we’ve had over recent days has changed my mind. Wind is definitely pretty bad; it’s so destructive and relentless. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything quite like the storms of this week, and yet there are so many people who are worse off; all those in flood hit areas. It’s awful to see it on the news each day. I have family who live in one of the worst affected areas, but so far they’re managing to avoid being flooded out. I can remember during the last heavy floods a few years back my dad’s aunt was flooded out and had to be evacuated from her house by helicopter, no small thing for a woman in her late 80s at the time!
3. I have this sudden urge to write fiction. This comes over me once in a blue moon, and usually ends in me dabbling in some kind of fan fiction. If it goes any further than just the thinking, I may set up another journal to post my writing. I used to have a profile on some fanfic website, but whether that’s still active I have no idea. One of these days I will have to try and write something original.
4. The new season of Game Of Thrones is out on dvd!! I’m having a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 before starting season 3. This serves two purposes; it’s a good recap for what’s already happened, and I usually get the boxset for my birthday, which is March, so I couldn’t watch it now anyway! I absolutely love the books that the series is based on.
5. Back to writing the five things idea – I wasn’t exactly keeping up with the regular blogging idea otherwise. This should motivate me again.